HRUHCA 2020 Safety Award Winner
Safety Mission Statement
It is the policy of LandWerks Contracting
Safety of our employees and the public, is of the highest priority. Accident prevention is considered a primary importance in all phases of operations. It is LandWerks Contracting’s intent to always maintain effective standards that will guard against injuries and illnesses occurring on the job. LandWerks Contracting has a full time staff that hold CPR/AED/First Aid, OSHA and VDOT Training.
To maintain open communication between administration and our staff on matters pertaining to safety. All employees are encouraged to express their concerns or suggestions to help promote safe work practices and conditions.
To provide current safety news, safety activities and reading materials, signs, and posters, which will be easily accessible to all employees.
To meet our commitment to safety, administration will:
- Promote a positive attitude towards accident prevention.
- Establish and insist upon safe work practices and conditions
- Provide appropriate supervision, training, and monitor conformance to quality standards.
- Ensure employees and other persons understand and accept their responsibility to promote a safe and healthy work place.
- Ensure that contractors working on our premises have, and follow, appropriate safety procedures.
LandWerks Contracting is classified as an “essential” business under the Governor of Virginia’s Proclamation. Our company is working diligently to keep not only our employees safe but the greater community safe during this time of the COVID19 Pandemic. Our employees are required to follow all CDC and OSHA Recommendations. We have increased the sanitation of trucks, tools and equipment. We are also exercising social distancing with working only in crew sizes of ten or less members and have provided our employees with face mask to wear when appropriate. In order to keep office personnel safe, LandWerks Contracting has closed its office to the public for walk-ins. Appointments however can be made with the Office Manager by calling 757-653-1761.